Robert C. Martin
Uncle Bob Consulting LLC
Robert Cecil Martin, colloquially called "Uncle Bob", has been a programmer since 1970. He is most recognized for developing numerous software design principles and for being a founder of the influential Agile Manifesto.
Mr. Martin has published dozens of articles in various trade journals and is a regular speaker at international conferences and trade shows. He is also the creator of the acclaimed educational video series at cleancoders.com. Mr. Martin has authored and edited many books including the following:
- Designing Object-Oriented C++ Applications Using the Booch Method
- Patterns Languages of Program Design 3
- More C++ Gems
- Extreme Programming in Practice
- Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices
- UML for Java Programmers
- Clean Code
- The Clean Coder
- Clean Architecture
- Clean Agile
A leader in the industry of software development, Mr. Martin served three years as the editor-in-chief of the C++ Report, and he served as the first chairman of the Agile Alliance.
He is co-founder of cleancoders.com, offering on-line video training for software developers, and founder of Uncle Bob Consulting LLC, offering software consulting, training, and skill development services to major corporations worldwide. He served as the Master Craftsman at 8th Light Inc., a Chicago-based software consulting firm.
Mr. Martin has taught C++, Java, Principles of Object Oriented Software Design, and Design Patterns to many scientific companies and institutions including:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (Babar Project)
- Lawrence Berkely National Labs (Babar Project)
- Brookhaven National Labs (RHIC project)
- Space Telescope Center (Hubble Communications)
- Nasa, North Carolina
- Web Telescope Center